The newly released, Shadows of Time…Minnesota’s Surviving Depots, published by the Woodridge Heritage Society brings to life 168 of Minnesota’s remaining railroad depots, including Northfield’s 1888 Depot. Author Bill Schrankler will share the entertaining and fact-filled information he gathered for the book that is filled with hundreds of photographs, maps, and other images. His narrative provides a fresh look at Minnesota railroad history through brief studies of these aging structures that now range from opulent buildings to small wooden structures.
March 6, 10:30 a.m., Senior Center, Room 103
- update on Save the Northfield Depot project
- model train displays – Ed Buchwald
- brief review of newly published book, Shadows of Time…Minnesota’s Surviving Depots, by Bill Schrankler
March 6, 6 p.m., Northfield Historical Society, book signing and talk
- talk by author, Bill Schrankler, about Minnesota’s surviving railroad depots at 6:30 p.m.
- images of Northfield’s depot
- refreshments sponsored by Save the Northfield Depot
“I would recommend this book to both the serious rail fan and curious history buff,” said as Dave Hartjie, executive director of the Minnesota Transportation. “It is informative and enjoyable to read.”
The presentation promises the same! Please join us for a look at images of Northfield’s own railroad history as well as depots in Minnesota’s past.