As part of Northfield’s 9th annual Earth Day Celebration, Save the Northfield Depot is inviting the public to join us in a cleanup of the area around the depot in preparation for landscaping and the building of the sculpture garden this summer!
Cleanup will take place on Saturday, April 21 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Bring your family and friends, work gloves, and water to drink. And while you’re there, you can take a peek at the progress on the depot’s interior.
Can’t make it to the cleanup?
Then swing on by our exhibit at a Sustainable Community Action and Idea Fair at the Northfield Armory from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Exhibits at the fair promote and showcase projects, products, and services that improve the sustainability of our community and the planet.
Save the Northfield Depot promotes sustainability by:
- preserving the depot, an historic icon of Northfield’s history
- preparing the depot for reuse (preferably for a public, non-profit use)
- beautification of a blighted area of the downtown
- encouraging economic development in the west side business district
- educating people about the importance of historic preservation, recycling/reuse, and beautification
- building community through donations, volunteer help, and in-kind services and materials to complete the project